2016 Kia Forte: UVO Feature
If you are trying to make a decision between the 2016 Kia Forte LX vs EX, a deciding factor that needs to be taken into account is UVO eServices Telematics. UVO eServices is not available on the LX and is an optional on the EX. The Kia Forte is known for features and as a Kia owner, I wish I would have spent more time analyzing the features before my purchase. I would have picked a model with the UVO eServices Telematics. If you are researching, here is a 2016 Kia Forte Features list you can download.Why is UVO in a Kia model a deciding factor? Well keep reading, because I’m going to tell you. For more detailed UVO information consider reading Kia UVO Security Features
UVO is short for your Your Voice. UVO is a voice-activated media controller system. Kia refers to UVO as an in-car infotainment system. It is subscription-free which means there are no contracts or monthly fees. This is a plus because most of the competing brands require subscriptions. UVO operates with a touchscreen and voice-activated commands. If you are parked, you can use the touchscreen and when driving you can stay safe by using the voice-activated commands. Here is a quick list of UVO voice commands you can download. UVO is the control center for the HD radio, CD player, and built-in digital jukebox. Additionally, the auto-brightness function adjusts to both day and night driving conditions. To fully utilize all of the functions included with UVO, there is an UVO app one can download to his or her phone available in the Google Play Store or iOS App Store.
2016 Kia Forte EX UVO Features List
UVO includes several features and functions, such as:
- Allowing one to make hands-free calls
- Streaming music from your smartphone
- Points of Interest, helps find places you’d like to visit on Google Maps via the free UVO eServices mobile app, and then send them to your UVO eServices system for future routing
- Rear Camera Display
- Performing vehicle diagnostics and scheduling service appointments if necessary
- Parking Minder which sends the location you parked to your smart phone
- 911-Connect: If your airbag deploys, unless you choose to cancel the call in the allotted 10 seconds, it will connect you to a 911 operator
- eServices is an interactive voice service that walks you through the various features included with UVO
- Roadside Assistance
Here is the good news, Lawrence Kia has the Summer’s On Us promotion until July 5, 2016. And the 2016 Kia Forte and Forte5 are eligible for the promotion. NO PAYMENTS until next FALL!!